We are an award winning digital ad agency located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Currently we are looking to fill an opening for an in-house Business Development Lead and Copywriter.
To help grow and scale, we are in need of an experienced Business Development Lead with fantastic, concise writing capabilities. The successful candidate is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment. Organized, professional, ambitious and sales driven are key assets for success in this position.
Main Duties (Daily Activities)
Request For Proposal Writing and Relationship building (75%)
- Conducting research to discover RFPs suitable for the company – familiarity with online bidding portals is an asset
- Writing the RFP (utilizing templates, tailoring each submission for the prospective client/project
- Working with the creative team to produce engaging client and company content for response to proposals
- Engaging clients (current and potential) to establish new and maintain current relationships with appropriate members of the procurement team, management, and all other key individuals
Copywriting Duties (25%)
- Collaborating with social media lead in writing Reports for clients on Campaign Successes
- Collaborating with social media lead on writing various in-house promotional items, magazine articles, blogposts, press releases etc.
- Collaborating with social media lead in writing Blogposts for clients under contract
- Writing Ads, Taglines, and other copy by collaborating with the Creative Team and clients
- Reviewing any outgoing correspondence that needs an extra look
- BA degree in Commerce, Journalism, or English, or other related field
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure while maintaining professionalism
- Self-initiating and capable of working with little day-to-day supervision
- Receptive to direction and critique
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and proactively with a range of professionals at every level of both public and private organizations
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including the ability to create and modify styles in Word
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce (ability to customize etc.)
- Excellent English language skills; good understanding of grammar, punctuation, spelling and idioms
- Thorough understanding of connotations, impact on audience, multiple meanings etc.
- Thorough understanding of writing for communication purposes: messages accurately received
- Thorough understanding of writing for marketing purposes for desired audience response
- Thorough understanding of interviewing and research techniques
Proposal Writing & Research
- Ensuring proposal documents meet RFP requirements and are company brand-compliant
- Assisting in the preparation of site visits/bidders, meetings and oral presentation materials as required within proposal opportunities
- Organizing proposal debriefs after an RFP submission
- Experience with creating analytical reports and analyzing results in high-level summaries
Please respond to this posting via email to email@example.com. Please include your cover letter and your LinkedIn resume.