We are looking for a WordPress developer with skills in responsive website development. This position is suitable for a freelance web developer residing in the Vancouver area preferably in the downtown core. You must be available to attend impromptu meetings with our design team at the office. You will be working with the lead web developer in developing high-end custom websites for our clients.
- Code pixel-perfect HTML & CSS from Photoshop comps with extreme attention to detail
- Institute best practices to ensure excellent page loading performance, SEO structure and maintainable code
- Willing to participate in impromptu meetings with the design team at the office
- Must be able to produce attainable results under the guidance and directions from the lead web developer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience in developing websites that display properly on all major web browsers, tablets and smartphones including iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone
- Ability to use Photoshop to edit images, cropping and resizing of assets
- Expert in WordPress customization including but not limited to custom post types, custom taxonomies, and custom fields
- Must be able to create WordPress page templates and themes from scratch
- Experience with using Twitter Bootstrap framework would be a definite asset
- Must have experience with MySQL databases pertaining to WordPress
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude
If you are interested, please email your résumé as a PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please include a brief introduction, a link to your online portfolio, and the websites that you worked on.