KIMBO Design is looking for a WordPress web developer with skills in responsive website development. This is a full time, in-house position. You will be working alongside the lead web developer in developing high-end custom SEO friendly websites and working on improving conversions of these websites through paid and organic search and digital tactics.
KIMBO Design is a cutting-edge digital ad agency located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We are well known for delivering pre-eminent design quality and tailored technical solutions that push the limits of new and emerging technology.
We are seeking an organized, efficient and proactive individual to join our small team of professionals.
- Experience in responsive website development leveraging CSS media queries
- Experience in developing websites that display properly on all major web browsers, tablets and smartphones that run on iOS and Android
- Advanced Photoshop editing skills, able to slice, adjust, crop and resize images
- Expert in WordPress customization including but not limited to custom post types, custom taxonomies, and custom fields
- Must be able to code WordPress page templates and entire themes from scratch
- Must be able to customize WordPress themes using actions, filters, and hooks in functions.php
- Must have experience in developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with jQuery and Twitter Bootstrap framework
- Excellent understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience with MySQL databases pertaining to WordPress
- Applicant must provide a link to a LinkedIn résumé
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Self-directed and must be able to work under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, writing and comprehension skills
- Participate in the design, development and deployment of responsive WordPress websites
- Code pixel perfect HTML & CSS from Photoshop comps with extreme attention to detail
- Institute best practices to ensure excellent page loading performance, SEO structure and maintainable code
- Cross browser testing and functional testing of all website updates
Nice to Have:
- Expert Knowledge of Google Analytics with certification
- Expert Google AdWords with certification
- Have a passion for creating WordPress websites
- Know how to develop full-functioning WordPress websites while keeping the number of plugins to a minimum
- Have an understanding of website security and know the latest programming tips and tricks to keep a WordPress website secure
- Have a strong sense of urgency to get things done without getting distracted
- Experience working in the advertising, technology, marketing or creative industry
Tell us why you see this role as a good fit for your interests and skills. Please email your résumé as a PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio, LinkedIn profile and the websites that you most recently worked on.
We are looking for local talent only. Please do not apply if you are outside of British Columbia, Canada.